To ensure adequate, fair and equitable cost recovery for the City's services provided to the IUs, the City assesses and collects Industrial Waste Fees as required by the Los Angeles Municipal Code (LAMC) Section 64.30.D. The Revenue and Billing section functions include:
- Development, implementation and administration of the industrial waste fees rate structure.
- Interpretation and application of Federal, State and local regulations pertaining to the City's pretreatment program, specifically as it relates to federal EPA, State and local regulations on revenue requirements, rate development and cost recovery.
- Review of the City's Board of Public Works' Rules and Regulations, LAMC Section 64.30.D and other City Codes as they relate to and affect the industrial waste fees, revenue and rate structure.
- Administration of all collection activities to ensure timely and effective collection of all industrial waste fees. The City has a 98% collection rate of all industrial waste fees billed and is implementing various process improvements to further increase its collection efficiency.
- Satisfactory and timely resolution of all billing disputes including assisting the Office of Finance in the administration of the City's payment plan program intended to assist the IUs in payment of their outstanding debts to the City.
- Oversee quality surcharge fee billing operations for the pretreatment program including oversight on all self-monitoring activities of industrial users for surcharge parameters as well as the billing operations of the septage hauler program.
- Resolve billing dispute and associated activities including meetings with the industrial users, field investigations and follow-up reporting and recommendations to management for dispute resolutions.
For billing inquiries on your industrial waste fees, call the Bureau of Sanitation, Industrial Waste Management Division (IWMD) at: 323/342-1518. For billing disputes, changes in business ownership or billing addresses, please notify the Bureau of Sanitation, IWMD in writing and mail pertinent changes to: Bureau of Sanitation, IWMD, 2714 Media Center Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90065